Heathwood Assisted Living in Buffalo, NY
It’s no wonder residents love Heathwood – life here is free of worries and full of fun and friends. You can spend quiet time in your room, or choose from a wealth of opportunities to socialize. Pleasant gathering spots invite you to sit and chat, while a pretty patio and landscaped grounds beckon you outdoors. And everyone raves about our food.
So much to enjoy
Heathwood residents lead full, rewarding lives. From movie nights to Wii bowling, bingo and discussions of current events, our calendar is filled with activities, excursions and enjoyable things to do. You might join an exercise class, a needlework group or a game of cards. Musicians, singers and other entertainers are frequent guests. There are plenty of outings for shopping, lunch or ice cream as well.
More comforts than home
- Appetizing menu of nutritious meals served restaurant-style in a lovely formal dining room; tasty snacks available throughout the day.
- Comfortably furnished living areas … even a movie theatre and casual café.
- Outdoor patio and beautifully manicured gardens.
- Private rooms with private half bath; semi-private rooms also available.
- Spa-like bathing suite, beauty salon and barber shop services, gift shop, chapel and free laundry services.
- Weekly housekeeping, daily tidying and scheduled outings.
- Private dining room for small parties and dinners with family and friends.
- Member of the American Health Care Association / National Centers for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL).
- Licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
- Winner in 2015 of the prestigious Bronze Quality Award from the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL).
A happier life for everyone
This program is truly extraordinary. Specially trained staff members employ techniques specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia enjoy life again. Calm and content, participants eat and sleep better, display fewer upsetting behaviors and often need less medication. Their families can’t believe the difference.
Serene, comforting environment
Our secure environment is thoughtfully designed to conjure memories of home. Residents feel relaxed in the welcoming atmosphere of a cozy country kitchen, living area, library and lounge. There’s even an enclosed porch complete with rocking chairs and blooming window boxes. Everyone contributes to the household routine, much like a family.
Comprehensive, personalized care
- Our unique approach to care is customized for every individual’s personality and history, likes and dislikes.
- No “busy work” – daytime and evening activities are meaningful, enjoyable and adjusted to each person’s level of ability.
- Exceptional methods help residents maintain dignity, ability and independence.
- Thoroughly trained staff members treat residents with exceptional patience, compassion and skill.
Amazing, proven results
At Heathwood, memory-impaired residents become less anxious, more talkative and more cooperative. They regain weight, recover self-esteem, and find peace in their daily routine. Family relationships improve when loved ones seem more like their old, familiar selves. Life is more rewarding for everyone.
Enhanced Assisted living
A bit more care lets you stay right here
Our Enhanced Assisted Living is the ideal answer when you need more care than assisted living traditionally provides. With extra help to walk, get in and out of bed or a chair, use medical equipment, or manage conditions such as urinary incontinence, you can continue to live right here, where you’ve made friends and feel at home.
Short-Term Stay Program
Our Williamsville location’s short-term stay program is ideal for your loved one, whether they are looking to heal before they go home, need a little extra care for a while, or just want to try us out with no long-term commitment.
- Cozy, private rooms, comfortable living areas, plus a movie theatre and casual café
- Delicious, healthy meals served restaurant style
- Lively social life and activities calendar
- Inviting, beautifully landscaped garden and walking paths
- Round the clock nursing supervision, help with the activities of daily living, and medication management.
Come see for yourself
Call 716.688.0111 for more information and ask for a tour today.