Heathwood Assisted Living in Rochester, NY
It’s no wonder residents love Heathwood – life here is free of worries and full of fun and friends. You can spend quiet time in your private apartment, or choose from a wealth of opportunities to socialize. Pleasant gathering spots invite you to sit and chat, while pretty gardens and walking paths beckon you outdoors. And everyone raves about our food.
Heathwood’s calendar is packed with enjoyable things to do. You might join an exercise class, a needlework group or a game of cards. Musicians, singers and other entertainers are frequent guests. There are plenty of outings as well – trips for shopping, lunch and theatre, plus tours of farms and wineries, museums and galleries.
Just a few of our amenities
- Appetizing menu of nutritious meals served restaurant-style in a lovely formal dining room; tasty snacks available throughout the day.
- Comfortably furnished living room, conservatory, computer room and library … even a movie theatre.
- Inviting outdoor courtyard, beautifully landscaped grounds and walking paths.
- One-bedroom, two-bedroom and studio apartments with kitchenette and private bath.
- Spa-like bathing suite, plus beauty and barber shop services, gift shop, chapel and free laundry facilities.
- Weekly housekeeping, daily tidying and scheduled transportation.
- Private dining room for small parties and dinners with family and friends.
- Winner in 2012 of the prestigious Bronze Quality Award from the American Health Care Association / National Centers for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL).
- A certified enriched housing community licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
A happier life for everyone
This program is truly extraordinary. Specially trained staff members employ techniques specifically designed to help residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia enjoy life again. Calm and content, participants eat and sleep better, display fewer upsetting behaviors and often need less medication. Their families can’t believe the difference.
Serene, comforting environment
Our secure environment is thoughtfully designed to conjure memories of home. Residents feel relaxed in the welcoming atmosphere of a cozy country kitchen, living area, dining room and library/lounge. There’s even an enclosed patio and walking path with direct access from the dining room. Everyone contributes to the household routine, much like a family.
Comprehensive, personalized care
- Our unique approach to care is customized for every individual’s personality and history, likes and dislikes.
- No “busy work” – daytime and evening activities are meaningful, enjoyable and adjusted to each person’s level of ability.
- Exceptional methods help residents maintain dignity, ability and independence.
- Thoroughly trained staff members treat residents with exceptional patience, compassion and skill.
Amazing, proven results
At Heathwood, memory-impaired residents become less anxious, more talkative and more cooperative. They regain weight, recover self-esteem, and find peace in their daily routine. Family relationships improve when loved ones seem more like their old, familiar selves. Life is more rewarding for everyone.